Increase Customer Retention with a Winback Flow in Klaviyo
Increase Customer Retention with a Winback Flow in Klaviyo
Table of Contents
- Setting Up a Customer Win Backflow
- Technical Settings
- Email Content
- Conditional Split
- Creating a Custom Property
- Email 1: Remind Them of Value Proposition
- Email 2: Showcasing Best Sellers
- Conditional Split: Differentiating by Order Frequency
- Discount Ladder for Repeat Customers
- Email 3: Dynamic Coupon Offer
- Reminder Email
- Final Email: Message from CEO/Founder
- Updating Custom Property and Exclusion Segments
Setting Up a Customer Win Backflow in Klavio
In today's article, we will discuss how to set up a customer win backflow inside Klavio to effectively retain customers who are at risk of churning or have not made a purchase in a long time. We will cover the technical settings required, the email content within each email, and the implementation of a conditional split for different customer segments.
Before diving into the email content, it is important to establish the technical settings for the customer win backflow. The time frame for this example will be set at 90 days, but it is crucial to analyze your own data to determine the ideal duration for your specific business and industry. By understanding your customer's purchase life cycle, you can effectively identify the point at which they are at risk of churning.
Now let's take a look at the email content within the customer win backflow. The first email should be simple and straightforward - express that you miss them and remind them of the value proposition and benefits they receive from your brand or company. The goal here is to re-engage the customer and remind them of why they made a purchase from you in the past.
The second email can showcase your best sellers and encourage the customer to make a purchase. You can also ask them why they haven't made a purchase in a while to gather insights through progressive profiling. The key is to provide value to the customer and to encourage them to re-engage with your brand.
After sending the initial emails, if the customer still hasn't made a purchase, we recommend implementing a conditional split. This split will separate customers into different paths based on their order frequency. This allows for personalized discounts and incentives based on their loyalty to your brand.
For loyal customers who have placed multiple orders, offer them the best discounts as a token of appreciation for their loyalty. For single purchase customers, provide a slightly lower discount. This approach ensures that you don't compromise your margins while still encouraging repeat purchases.
Dynamic Coupon Offer
After a week has passed since the conditional split, it's time to make a dynamic coupon code offer. This offer should be time-sensitive, lasting for 48 hours. By creating a sense of urgency, you can prompt customers to take action and make a purchase.
Reminder Email & CEO Message
If there is no response to the initial email or the dynamic coupon offer, send a reminder email with a 24-hour expiration period. This email should come from the CEO or founder of your company, adding a personalized touch. This particular email has shown high conversion rates, even with customers who are no longer in their regular purchase life cycle.
Updating Custom Property and Exclusion Segments
At the end of the win backflow, it is crucial to update the custom property "customer win backflow" to inactive for customers who have exited the flow. Additionally, add customers with this property to the exclusion segments from campaigns to ensure they follow a specific customer journey.
In conclusion, an effective customer win backflow can significantly reduce churn and re-engage customers who are at risk of leaving. By strategically implementing personalized emails, discounts, and time-sensitive offers, you can successfully retain customers and increase their lifetime value to your business.
- Increases customer retention rates
- Encourages repeat purchases
- Improves customer engagement and loyalty
- Requires regular monitoring and optimization
- Discounts may affect profit margins
- Setting up a customer win backflow to reduce churn
- Technical settings and email content within the flow
- Personalizing discounts based on customer loyalty
- Implementing time-sensitive offers and CEO messages for higher conversions
Q: How effective is a customer win backflow in reducing churn? A: A well-designed customer win backflow can significantly reduce churn and re-engage customers who are at risk of leaving. By implementing personalized emails and incentives, businesses can successfully retain customers and increase their lifetime value.
Q: How often should a customer win backflow be monitored and optimized? A: It is recommended to regularly monitor and optimize the customer win backflow based on customer behavior and response rates. This ensures that the flow remains effective and relevant to customers' needs.
Q: Can offering discounts in the win backflow impact profit margins? A: Yes, offering discounts in the win backflow may affect profit margins. It is important to analyze your margins and determine the appropriate level of discounts to maintain profitability while still incentivizing customers to make a purchase.
Q: What role does personalized content play in the win backflow? A: Personalized content is essential in the win backflow as it helps re-engage customers by reminding them of the value proposition and benefits they receive. Progressive profiling and CEO messages add a personalized touch that increases the chances of conversion.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- Starting a Dropshipping Store Under 18: Overcoming Age Restrictions
- Which Lego Star Wars Imperial Landing Craft is the Best? A Comparison of 2007 vs 2018
- Print Custom Shirts with Bleak: Affordable and Hassle-Free
- Elevate Your Brand with Apliiq: 2023 Review & Unboxing
- Unleash Your Inner Stormtrooper with the LEGO Star Wars Imperial Dropship!
- Unlock Profit in Non-English Markets with Saturated Pet Products
- Unveiling the New LEGO Star Wars Imperial Drop Ship Set
- Discover the Best Star Wars Dropship by Faction
- 10 Steps for a Successful Shopify Dropship Launch
- Top 10 Pet Dropshipping Products