Enhance Your Shopify Website with Instafeed for Instagram
Enhance Your Shopify Website with Instafeed for Instagram
Table of Contents
- Why the Instagram tokens are breaking
- The Instagram API migration
- Installing the Insta Feed app
- Connecting your Instagram account
- Basic mode vs business account
- Adding the HTML code to your theme
- Placement of the HTML code based on your theme
- Using Responsive Theme and Testament Theme
- Troubleshooting and support
In this article, we will discuss the recent changes happening with Instagram tokens and how it affects the feeds on your websites. We'll also guide you through the process of installing the Insta Feed app and connecting your Instagram account. Additionally, we will provide information on how to add the necessary HTML code to your theme and troubleshoot any potential issues you may encounter.
Why the Instagram tokens are breaking
Instagram is currently undergoing an API migration, which has repercussions on the tokens used to enable feeds on external websites. This means that the previous tokens you were using may no longer work, resulting in broken feeds. It is important to take necessary steps to resolve this issue and ensure your feeds continue to function properly.
The Instagram API migration
The Instagram API migration is the cause of the breaking tokens. Instagram is making changes to their API infrastructure, requiring users to migrate their accounts and obtain new tokens. This migration is essential to keep up with Instagram's evolving platform and maintain the functionality of feeds on external websites.
Installing the Insta Feed app
To resolve the issue of broken tokens, you need to install an app called Insta Feed. This app serves as a replacement for the previous token system and provides a seamless integration with Instagram feeds. If you are using one of the themes that lack a built-in social feed or if you are unsatisfied with the existing feed, Insta Feed is an ideal solution.
Connecting your Instagram account
To utilize the Insta Feed app, you must first connect your Instagram account. This connection is typically done through your Facebook account. By clicking on the Instagram Feed app within your apps section, you will be prompted to connect an Instagram account. If you have already connected your Instagram account on Facebook, this process should be straightforward.
Basic mode vs business account
When connecting your Instagram account through the Insta Feed app, you have the option to choose between basic mode and a business account. It is recommended to select the business account option as it offers more features and flexibility. Switching to a business account may require agreeing to certain terms and conditions.
Adding the HTML code to your theme
Once you have successfully connected your Instagram account through the Insta Feed app, you will receive an HTML code. This code needs to be added to your theme to enable the Instagram feed on your website. The process of adding the code involves accessing your theme editor and placing the code in the appropriate location within your theme structure.
Placement of the HTML code based on your theme
The placement of the HTML code may vary depending on the theme you are using. For themes that allow the use of HTML or custom content within the theme itself, you can insert the code directly into the designated area. However, if your theme relies on specific page templates, such as the Responsive Theme or the Testament Theme, the code needs to be inserted within the appropriate page section.
Using Responsive Theme and Testament Theme
For users of the Responsive Theme and the Testament Theme, a separate page needs to be created to accommodate the Instagram feed. In the case of the Responsive Theme, you can create a page called "Instagram Feed" and add the HTML code in the HTML section of that page. Similarly, for the Testament Theme, you can create a page with the same name and insert the code in the designated area.
Troubleshooting and support
While the steps outlined above should cover most scenarios, there may be instances where you encounter issues or have questions specific to your theme. In such cases, it is advisable to seek support from your theme provider or consult the documentation provided. Additionally, we will be creating video tutorials for different themes to assist you further in placing the HTML code correctly within your theme structure.
Now that we have covered the necessary steps and information regarding the Instagram token issue, let's ensure your feeds are up and running smoothly without further disruptions. Take a moment to follow the instructions provided and enjoy a fully functional Instagram feed on your website.
- Instagram tokens are breaking due to the Instagram API migration.
- Install the Insta Feed app to resolve the issue.
- Connect your Instagram account through the app.
- Choose between basic mode and a business account.
- Add the HTML code to your theme for the Instagram feed.
- Placement of the code depends on your theme structure.
- Specific instructions for Responsive Theme and Testament Theme users.
- Seek support and consult documentation for troubleshooting.
- Video tutorials will be available for various themes.
- Enjoy a seamless Instagram feed experience on your website.
Q: Will I lose my Instagram feed if I don't install the Insta Feed app? A: Yes, without installing the Insta Feed app and obtaining new tokens, your Instagram feed will not work properly, resulting in a broken display.
Q: Can I connect multiple Instagram accounts to the Insta Feed app? A: Yes, the Insta Feed app allows you to connect multiple Instagram accounts, making it easy to manage feeds from different profiles.
Q: What should I do if I am unable to locate the HTML section in my theme editor? A: If you are having trouble finding the appropriate place to insert the HTML code, we recommend reaching out to your theme provider for specific instructions tailored to your theme.
Q: Do I need to switch to a business account if I am already using Instagram for personal purposes? A: While it is not mandatory, switching to a business account offers additional features and advantages, such as access to insights and promotional tools.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- Discover the Most Profitable Niches for E-commerce in 2022
- Creating Effective Policies for Your Shopify Store
- Optimizing Your PayPal Account: Strategies and Solutions
- Uncover Winning Dropshipping Products with Free Methods
- Maximize Your Dropshipping Success with Automated Instagram Reels
- Maximize eBay Dropshipping with Chat GPT AI Bot
- Unlock the Secrets of Korean Cosmetics and Expand Your Business
- Level up Your Shopify Store with Affordable Custom Packaging
- Manage Your Dropshipping Store with CJ Dropshipping Mobile App
- Start Dropshipping on Shopify in France: The Ultimate Guide