Easier Website Translation with Weglot's New Features
Easier Website Translation with Weglot's New Features
Table of Contents
- A brief overview of Weglot's updates and new features for May 2021
II. Managing URL Translations
- Accessing the new URL management tab
- Overview of every URL on your website and its translated content
- Checking the percentage of manually edited content
- Scanning for missing URLs
- Syncing translations for a particular URL
- Using the search bar to find a URL
- Selecting which languages to show
- Deleting or excluding URLs from translation
III. Customizing Subdomains
- Targeting specific languages with custom subdomains
- Deactivating and reactivating subdomains
- Editing language codes and adding subdomain codes to DNS records
IV. Bulk Translating URL Slugs
- Updating the URL slug translation section
- Bulk translating all slugs at once
- Recap of Weglot's updates and new features for May 2021
- Encouragement to leave suggestions on the product roadmap
Managing URL Translations
Weglot, the popular website translation solution, has released several new features and updates for May 2021. One of the most notable updates is the new URL management tab, which allows users to manage the translations of their URLs even more easily.
To access this feature, simply go to your translations and click on URLs. From there, you can see an overview of every URL on your website and the translated content linked to it. This is particularly useful as you can see what percentage of a particular URL has been manually edited if there's a specific URL that hasn't been synced, for example, there's no translations found, or if you're missing a URL entirely.
If you're missing a URL, you can scroll to the bottom and click on "missing a URL" to scan your website. If there are no translations found for a particular URL, you can simply click the sync button. Other useful features of this page include a search bar to quickly find a URL and the ability to select which languages you want to show at once.
You can also delete or exclude URLs from being translated by Weglot in this section. To do this, click on the trash icon of a particular URL. A pop-up will appear asking whether you want to permanently delete all the translations associated with this URL and whether you actually want to also exclude this URL from being translated. This means the language switcher will not be available on that page for your website visitors.
However, be aware that deleting a URL from the list will not stop website visitors from visiting the page of the target language. To do this, you will need to also exclude the URL so that it will no longer be available in your target language.
Another useful feature of Weglot's May 2021 updates is the ability to customize your subdomains. This is particularly useful for those targeting specific languages such as French Canadian or Brazilian Portuguese, for example. In such instances, you may want your subdomain to be something different.
For example, if you're targeting French Canadians, "fr-ca.mysite.com" would make more sense than "fr.mysite.com". For those not using the WordPress integration, you'll need to deactivate then reactivate your subdomains to your Weglot dashboard and then update your DNS entries.
To do this, go to your settings and then set up. Scroll to the bottom of the page and toggle off "enable subdomains". This message will appear, make sure you just click "remove". To re-enable the sub-domains, you would simply reactivate this toggle and follow the normal setup steps until you get to the next stage.
Click on the language code which will allow you to edit it. For example, if we were going to do French Canadian, we might do "fr-ca" and then simply click the blue tick. Then just add that subdomain code in the DNS records of your domain name provider to finish the process.
For those using the WordPress integration, you can also customize your subdirectories by following the guide linked in the description below.
Bulk Translating URL Slugs
The final useful feature of the month is a small update to the URL slug translation section. You can now bulk translate all your slugs at once. You can either do this by clicking all of them or clicking specific ones and then clicking the translate button. This is useful if you'd like to translate everything at once and then either leave the translation as it is or make manual edits.
In conclusion, Weglot's May 2021 updates have brought several new features and updates to make website translation even easier. The new URL management tab, the ability to customize subdomains, and the ability to bulk translate URL slugs are just a few of the many updates that have been released.
Remember, you can find all of Weglot's changes and updates on their change log and leave any future suggestions on their product roadmap. Stay tuned for more product updates in the future!
- Weglot has released several new features and updates for May 2021 to make website translation even easier.
- The new URL management tab allows users to manage the translations of their URLs even more easily.
- Users can customize their subdomains to target specific languages.
- The ability to bulk translate URL slugs has been added.
- All of Weglot's changes and updates can be found on their change log.
Q: Can I delete a URL from the list without excluding it from being translated? A: Yes, you can delete a URL from the list without excluding it from being translated. However, be aware that deleting a URL from the list will not stop website visitors from visiting the page of the target language. To do this, you will need to also exclude the URL so that it will no longer be available in your target language.
Q: Can I customize my subdomains if I'm not using the WordPress integration? A: Yes, you can customize your subdomains even if you're not using the WordPress integration. You'll need to deactivate then reactivate your subdomains to your Weglot dashboard and then update your DNS entries.
Q: Can I bulk translate all my URL slugs at once? A: Yes, you can now bulk translate all your URL slugs at once. You can either do this by clicking all of them or clicking specific ones and then clicking the translate button.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons