Create Unique Custom Products with Shopify Custom Product Builder
Create Unique Custom Products with Shopify Custom Product Builder
Table of Contents:
- Creating a New Custom Product
- Basic Information of the Product
- Using the Custom Product Builder Interface
- General Settings
- Adding Base Product Images
- Creating Panels for Customizable Sections
- Creating Categories for Options
- Adding Options for Each Category
- Adding Preview Images
- Saving and Editing the Product
Creating Custom Products with the Shopify Custom Product Builder
In this article, we will explore how to create a new custom product using the Custom Product Builder app in Shopify. Custom products give store owners the flexibility to offer unique and personalized items to their customers. We will walk through the step-by-step process of setting up a custom product, including adding basic information, configuring options, and customizing product images.
2. Creating a New Custom Product
To start creating a custom product, navigate to your Shopify admin panel and click on the "Apps" section. Look for the Custom Product Builder app and click on it. Here, you can see all the custom products available in your store. To create a new one, click on the "Create New Custom Product" button.
3. Basic Information of the Product
As the first step, you need to enter basic information about the product. This includes the product title, description, base price, and the main image that will be displayed on collection pages. Don't worry if you need to make changes later; you can always edit this information. Once done, click "Next" to proceed.
4. Using the Custom Product Builder Interface
The main interface of the Custom Product Builder consists of the image preview side and the tools for manipulating product layers. On the left side, you can use transparent PNG images layered on top of each other to represent different parts of the product. On the right side, various tools are available to modify these layers.
5. General Settings
Click on "Actions" and then select "General Settings." Here, you can toggle the custom product builder on or off, choose different views for your product, select a default view, choose the view controller, set the layout of the options panel, and select the currency. Make your desired selections and click "Save."
6. Adding Base Product Images
Next, add the base product images for the front and back views of the product. These images will serve as the starting point for customization. Once added, you can proceed to create panels for different customizable sections of the product.
7. Creating Panels for Customizable Sections
Each panel represents a section of the product that can be customized. For example, you can create panels for the body, back, triggers, d-pad, thumbsticks, ABXY buttons, and more. Each panel allows the customer to personalize specific parts of the product.
8. Creating Categories for Options
Within each panel, you need to create categories that group related options together. Categories help organize the available options and provide conditional logic for customization. You can choose the type of option and the input option type, such as color thumbnails, quantity dropdowns, image thumbnails, input fields, or text areas.
9. Adding Options for Each Category
For each category, add options depending on the category type. Enter the option label or title and provide additional details, such as the hex color for image thumbnails. You can also associate an additional fee with an option if needed. Mark options as out of stock to hide them from the front-end if necessary.
10. Adding Preview Images
To give customers a visual representation of their customizations, add preview images for the left side of the product. These images should be transparent and cover only the part of the product they are customizing. Ensure that all images are of the same size for consistency. Save the options for the panel and repeat this process for other panels.
11. Saving and Editing the Product
Once you have added all the necessary options for each panel, save the product. You can also edit the product in the Shopify admin panel by clicking on the "Actions" button and selecting "Basic Product Information." From there, you can make changes to the product title, description, images, base price, and collections in which the product will be displayed.
Creating custom products with the Shopify Custom Product Builder app opens up exciting possibilities for offering personalized items to your customers. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily create and customize unique products within your Shopify store. Experiment with different options and categories to provide an engaging and personalized shopping experience.
- Create unique and personalized custom products in Shopify.
- Add basic information, configure options, and customize product images.
- Use the Custom Product Builder interface to manipulate product layers.
- Set general settings, views, and controllers for your custom product.
- Organize options into categories and add conditional logic.
- Add transparent preview images for visual customization.
- Seamlessly save and edit your custom products in the Shopify admin panel.
- Provide a personalized shopping experience for your customers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q: Can I edit the basic information of a custom product after creating it? A: Yes, you can easily edit the product title, description, images, base price, and collections in the Shopify admin panel.
Q: Can I add additional fees to specific customization options? A: Yes, you have the option to associate an additional fee with an option, which will be added to the total custom product price.
Q: How can I hide options that are out of stock? A: You can mark options as out of stock, and they will be automatically hidden from the front-end.
Q: Can I create multiple panels for different sections of a custom product? A: Yes, you can create multiple panels for different customizable sections like the body, back, triggers, d-pad, thumbsticks, ABXY buttons, and more.
Q: How can I provide a visual representation of customizations to customers? A: By adding transparent preview images for each customization option, customers can see their changes reflected in real-time.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons