Translate Your Website with Ease Using Weglot
Translate Your Website with Ease Using Weglot
Table of Contents:
- Creating a Weglot Account
- Integrating Weglot with a CMS (WordPress, Shopify, etc.)
- WordPress Integration Guide
- Shopify Integration Guide
- Integrating Weglot with a Headless CMS or Building a Website from Scratch
- Setting Up DNS Records
- Customizing Translations and Language Switcher
- Managing a Multilingual Website with Weglot
- Setting Up Subdomains for Language Options
- What is a Subdomain?
- Enabling Subdomains in Weglot Dashboard
- Setting Up DNS Records for Subdomains
How to Integrate Weglot to Your Website
Are you looking to make your website multilingual? Look no further! In this guide, we will walk you through the process of integrating Weglot into your website, whether you're using a CMS like WordPress or building a website from scratch. Follow the steps below to get started.
Adding multilingual support to your website is essential for reaching a global audience and improving user experience. Weglot provides an easy solution for translating your website into multiple languages, allowing your visitors to switch between languages seamlessly.
2. Creating a Weglot Account
To begin, you'll need to create a Weglot account. Start by clicking here to start your free trial. Simply enter your email address and create a password to get started. Once you've confirmed your account through the email sent to you, you can proceed to create your first project.
3. Integrating Weglot with a CMS
WordPress Integration Guide
If your website is built on WordPress, Weglot offers a specific integration guide tailored to this CMS. You can find the detailed instructions here.
Shopify Integration Guide
For Shopify users, there is also a dedicated integration guide available. You can access it here for step-by-step instructions on how to integrate Weglot with Shopify.
4. Integrating Weglot with a Headless CMS or Building a Website from Scratch
If you're using a headless CMS or building a website from scratch without the help of a CMS, the general integration process is for you. Follow the steps below to integrate Weglot into your website.
Choose the original language of your website and the language(s) you want to translate your website into.
- Pros: No need for an active domain name.
- Cons: Requires adding code to your HTML pages.
If you're using a CMS, find a section in your dashboard where you can add code to the head section of your HTML pages (e.g., settings and code analytics).
- Pros: Easy integration for CMS-based websites.
- Cons: Specific steps may vary depending on the CMS used.
Paste the copied code into the designated section and save your changes.
Setting Up DNS Records
If you already have a domain URL, you can set up subdomains using Weglot. This step is crucial for multilingual SEO, as it allows you to organize and navigate different sections of your website. Here's how to set up DNS records:
Go to your Weglot dashboard, navigate to settings and setup, and enable subdomains.
Enter your domain URL and click next.
Access your domain name management dashboard (e.g., GoDaddy) to set up DNS records.
- Pros: Enhanced multilingual SEO.
- Cons: Requires a domain name.
Add a new record with the type "CNAME" and the host as the language code for the translated language(s) of your website (e.g., fr for French).
- Pros: Improved organization and navigation for translated pages.
- Cons: Requires manual configuration for each language.
Save your changes and repeat the process for each language you want to translate your website into.
Return to your Weglot dashboard and check if your DNS records are validated.
- Pros: Clear visibility of DNS record status.
- Cons: Validation process may take time.
5. Customizing Translations and Language Switcher
Once you have integrated Weglot into your website, you can customize the translations and language switcher to match your preferences. Whether you want to edit the translations or customize the language switcher's appearance, Weglot offers a range of options to meet your needs. Explore our tutorials playlist for detailed instructions on managing your multilingual website with Weglot.
6. Managing a Multilingual Website with Weglot
Weglot provides a comprehensive set of tools and features to help you effectively manage your multilingual website. From translating content to optimizing SEO, Weglot has you covered. Visit our tutorials playlist to uncover everything you can do to maximize the potential of your multilingual website with Weglot.
7. Setting Up Subdomains for Language Options
To further enhance language options on your website, setting up subdomains is highly recommended. Subdomains allow you to separate and organize translated pages, improving user experience and multilingual SEO. If you haven't set up subdomains during the initial integration, follow the steps below:
Enable subdomains in your Weglot dashboard settings.
Enter your domain URL and click next.
Configure your DNS records to include subdomains for each translated language. Refer to our integration page for detailed instructions on configuring DNS records with various domain name providers.
Validate your DNS records by checking their status in the Weglot dashboard. In the DNS records section, look for green ticks indicating successful validation.
8. What is a Subdomain?
A subdomain is an additional part of your main domain name that allows you to organize and navigate different sections of your website. In the context of Weglot, subdomains are used to separate translated pages and provide language options to website visitors.
9. Enabling Subdomains in Weglot Dashboard
To enable subdomains in your Weglot dashboard, follow these steps:
Go to your Weglot dashboard.
Navigate to the settings and setup section.
Enable subdomains by toggling the corresponding switch.
Enter your domain URL and click next to proceed with the setup.
10. Setting Up DNS Records for Subdomains
To set up DNS records for subdomains, follow these steps:
Access your domain name management dashboard, such as GoDaddy.
Locate the DNS settings section.
Add new CNAME records for each language subdomain, using the language code as the host (e.g., fr for French).
Save your changes and wait for the DNS records to propagate.
Return to your Weglot dashboard and check the validation status of your DNS records. Green ticks indicate successful validation.
Congratulations! Your website is now fully translated and optimized for multilingual SEO. Should you encounter any issues or need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at email@example.com.
Until next time, happy translating!
- Weglot provides an easy solution for making your website multilingual.
- Users can integrate Weglot with popular CMS platforms like WordPress and Shopify.
- Customization options for translations and language switcher are available.
- Weglot provides a comprehensive set of tools for managing a multilingual website.
- Setting up subdomains is recommended for enhanced multilingual SEO.
- Subdomains help organize translated pages and provide language options to website visitors.
Q: Can I integrate Weglot with my WordPress website? A: Yes, Weglot offers a specific integration guide for WordPress users. You can follow the guide provided in the article for detailed instructions.
Q: Can I customize the translations and language switcher? A: Yes, Weglot allows you to customize translations and the language switcher to match your preferences. You can find detailed instructions in the article.
Q: How can I set up subdomains for language options? A: If you want to set up subdomains for language options, you can follow the steps outlined in the article. It is highly recommended for improved organization and navigation of translated pages.
Q: Is Weglot suitable for multilingual SEO? A: Yes, Weglot optimizes your website for multilingual SEO by allowing you to set up subdomains for different languages. This helps search engines understand and index your translated content effectively.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons