Smoothly Transfer Ownership of Your Shopify Development Store
Smoothly Transfer Ownership of Your Shopify Development Store
Table of Contents
- Reasons for Transferring a Store
- Adding a Staff Account
- Setting Up Billing Information
- Preparing the Store for Transfer
- Transferring Ownership from the Partner Dashboard
- Selecting a Plan and Making the Store Live
- Collaborator Access and Revenue Share
Transferring Ownership of Your Shopify Development Store
Are you ready to transfer ownership of your Shopify development store to your clients? In this article, we will guide you through the necessary steps to ensure a smooth transfer process. Whether you have completed the work on the store, need to collaborate with our internal sales team, or require specific features available only on a paid plan, transferring ownership is a straightforward process. Let's get started!
If you have finished building a development store and it's time for the client to take over ownership and sell to buyers, it's essential to transfer the store to a paid plan. Additionally, if you're collaborating with our internal sales team to close a deal and bring a merchant onto Shopify, transferring the development store within the first week is crucial for billing purposes. Alternatively, if the work on the store is not complete yet but requires features available only on a paid plan, transferring ownership is still necessary.
2. Reasons for Transferring a Store
There are three main reasons for transferring a store to a paid plan. Firstly, when the work on the store is complete and it's time for the client to take over ownership. Secondly, when collaborating with our internal sales team to close a deal and onboard a merchant onto Shopify. And thirdly, when the store requires features that are available only on a paid plan. It's essential to understand the reasons behind the transfer to proceed with the process.
- Allows the client to take full ownership of the store
- Enables collaboration with internal sales team for deals
- Access to additional features available on paid plans
- Finalizing the transfer process is not reversible
- The client needs to select a subscription plan and make the store live
- The partner will no longer have access to financial information
3. Adding a Staff Account
Before transferring the store, ensure that the client is set up as a staff account on the store. This is a required step to successfully complete the transfer process. To add a staff account, log into your development store's admin, go to Settings, Users and Permissions, and click on "Add Staff." For detailed information on how to add, edit, and delete a staff account, refer to our video guide.
4. Setting Up Billing Information
To prepare for the store transfer, add your client's address under the Billing Information section in your store's settings. It's important to note that you should create test orders and set up your client's payment gateway and financial information before going live. These steps will ensure a seamless transition for your client when they take ownership of the store.
5. Preparing the Store for Transfer
Before initiating the transfer, make sure your development store is ready, and your client has completed their account setup. Once these steps are complete, return to your partner dashboard to proceed with transferring ownership. Log into your partner dashboard, click on "Stores," and then select the "Actions" button next to the development store you want to transfer. Review the details of transferring a store, as this action is not reversible and it's important to understand the implications.
6. Transferring Ownership from the Partner Dashboard
From the pop-up screen, select the new owner from the list of eligible owners. Once you are ready, click on "Transfer Store." An email will be sent to the client, allowing them to select a plan as the new store owner. On your partner dashboard's stores section, this store will appear as "Transfer Pending" until your client successfully pays for a plan.
7. Selecting a Plan and Making the Store Live
After receiving the email, your client can choose a subscription plan and make the store live. It's essential to communicate with your client to guide them through this process. Once the payment is successful, you will automatically have collaborator access to the store. However, you will no longer have access to financial information, as the ownership has been transferred to the client.
8. Collaborator Access and Revenue Share
As a collaborator on the store, you will continue to have access to the store's operations and can assist your client as needed. Additionally, you can earn a recurring commission through our revenue-sharing program. After your client has received the first invoice and successfully paid for their Shopify plan, you will start receiving your share of the revenue. This is an exciting opportunity to generate ongoing income from your transferred store.
Congratulations on successfully transferring your Shopify development store to your client! We hope this article has provided you with a comprehensive guide on how to proceed with the transfer process. For more information and detailed instructions on every step mentioned in this article, please visit our help center at help.shopify.com. Thank you for watching!
- Transfer ownership of your Shopify development store
- Reasons for transferring a store
- Adding a staff account for a smooth transfer process
- Setting up billing information and preparing the store
- Transferring ownership from the partner dashboard
- Selecting a plan and making the store live
- Collaborator access and revenue share opportunities
Q: Can I transfer a store that is not complete yet? A: Yes, you can transfer a store even if the work is not complete. However, it's important to note that the store should require features that are available only on a paid plan.
Q: How do I add a staff account to my development store? A: To add a staff account, log into your development store's admin, go to Settings, Users and Permissions, and click on "Add Staff." For detailed instructions, refer to our video guide.
Q: What happens to my access to financial information after transferring ownership? A: Once the ownership is transferred, you will no longer have access to financial information. The client will be responsible for managing the store's financial aspects.
Q: How does the revenue share program work for transferred stores? A: As a collaborator on the store, you are eligible to participate in our revenue-sharing program. After your client pays for their Shopify plan, you will start receiving your recurring commission.
Q: Can I revert the transfer process if needed? A: No, the transfer process is not reversible. It's essential to review the details and implications of transferring a store before initiating the process.
Q: Where can I find more information and detailed instructions? A: For more information and step-by-step instructions, please visit our help center at help.shopify.com. Detailed guides and resources are available to assist you throughout the transfer process.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons