Clone Your Shopify Store with Ease
Clone Your Shopify Store with Ease
Table of Contents
- Preparing the Destination Store
- 2.1 Checkout Settings
- 2.2 Locations
- 2.3 Notifications
- 2.4 Disabling Automatic Services
- Exporting Data from the Source Store
- 3.1 Using the Matrixify App
- 3.2 Selecting Data Items to Export
- Importing Data to the Destination Store
- 4.1 Paying for the Source Store
- 4.2 Sponsoring the Destination Store
- 4.3 Uploading and Importing the Exported File
- 4.4 Checking for Warnings and Issues
How to Clone Your Shopify Store
In this tutorial, I will guide you through the process of cloning your Shopify store into another Shopify store. This can be useful when you want to create a duplicate of your existing store for testing purposes or setting up a new store with similar products and settings.
Cloning a Shopify store involves exporting all the data from your source store and importing it into a clean destination store. This can be done using the Matrixify app, which allows you to export and import data in CSV format.
2 Preparing the Destination Store
Before exporting and importing data, you need to prepare the destination store to ensure that the data is copied over correctly. This involves adjusting settings related to checkout, locations, notifications, and disabling automatic fulfillment and payment services.
2.1 Checkout Settings
In the destination store, navigate to the settings and check the order processing section under checkout settings. By default, the store is set to automatically fulfill gift cards only. To prevent automatic fulfillment of any order line items, select the option to "do not automatically fulfill any of the order line items."
Next, ensure that the destination store has the same locations as the source store. This is important because inventory will be fulfilled from these locations. Check the locations in the source store and make sure to have at least the same locations, such as Riga and Tokyo, in the destination store. This will allow the app to find and attach the inventory to the correct locations.
Review the notification settings in the destination store. By default, staff order notifications are enabled. If you are copying orders over, it may be a good idea to disable this notification to avoid receiving a large number of emails for the copied orders.
2.4 Disabling Automatic Services
To prevent any automatic fulfillment services, payment services, or API integrations from sending data outside during the copying process, it is recommended to disable them. This will prevent any unexpected actions from occurring when the data is copied over.
3 Exporting Data from the Source Store
To begin cloning your Shopify store, we will start by exporting the data from the source store using the Matrixify app. This app allows you to select the specific data items you want to export and saves them in CSV format for faster and more efficient copying.
3.1 Using the Matrixify App
Open the Matrixify app in the source store and navigate to the new export section. Select the "Matrixify: CSV" format for faster and smaller file size. If no data editing is required, this format is ideal for copying data from one store to another.
3.2 Selecting Data Items to Export
Select the data items you want to copy over to the destination store. You can choose to export products, collections, inventory/variants, variant cost, customs information, inventory levels, images, and metafields. Customize the export based on your specific requirements and ensure that all the necessary data is included.
4 Importing Data to the Destination Store
Once the data is exported from the source store, it can be imported into the destination store using the Matrixify app.
4.1 Paying for the Source Store
To access the full functionality of the Matrixify app and export all your data, you may need to choose a paid plan. The price depends on the number of items in your store. Pay for the source store (the store you are exporting from) on the enterprise plan to unlock unlimited items per file and no monthly limits.
4.2 Sponsoring the Destination Store
To copy data from the source store to the destination store, you need to sponsor the destination store with the paid plan from the source store. In the source store's settings, find the shop sponsoring section and enter the domain of the destination store. This allows you to sponsor the destination store for a month without additional cost. After a month, you can detach the destination store if needed.
4.3 Uploading and Importing the Exported File
In the destination store, open the Matrixify app and select the exported file for uploading. The app will estimate the content and items in the file. Confirm the import and wait for the process to complete. You can continue with other tasks or close the browser as the import will proceed in the background. You will receive an email notification when the import is finished.
4.4 Checking for Warnings and Issues
During the import, the app may provide warnings or messages related to specific items. For example, there may be issues with reordering smart collections or changes in gateway settings for orders. Download the results file to review any warnings and make necessary adjustments to the imported data. The file will provide detailed information about any issues encountered during the import process.
Congratulations! You have successfully cloned your Shopify store into another Shopify store. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can replicate your store's data, products, customers, and orders in a new store. Remember to review any warnings or issues and make necessary changes to ensure a smooth transition. If you encounter any difficulties, refer to the comprehensive documentation and tutorials available on the app's website or reach out for support via the provided contact options.
- Cloning your Shopify store allows you to create a duplicate or set up a new store with similar settings and products.
- The Matrixify app enables the export and import of data in CSV format.
- Prepare the destination store by adjusting checkout settings, managing locations, disabling notifications, and automatic services.
- Export data from the source store by selecting the desired data items.
- Pay for the source store to access the full functionality of the Matrixify app.
- Sponsor the destination store with the paid plan from the source store.
- Upload and import the exported file in the destination store using the Matrixify app.
- Check for warnings and issues during the import process.
- Make necessary changes to the imported data based on the results file.
- The cloning process allows for the efficient replication of products, customers, and orders in a new store.
Q: Can I choose to only export specific data items instead of copying everything? A: Yes, the Matrixify app allows you to select specific data items to export. You can choose to copy only products, orders, or other entities according to your requirements.
Q: Can I apply filters to export only a specific range of orders or other data items? A: Yes, you can apply filters during the export process to select a specific range of orders or other data items. This can be useful when you only need to copy a certain period of order history, for example.
Q: What should I do if I encounter warnings or issues during the import process? A: If you come across any warnings or issues during the import process, you can download the results file to review the specific items affected. Make the necessary adjustments either in the file or in the admin area of your destination store.
Q: How long does the cloning process typically take? A: The time required for the cloning process depends on the amount of data being copied and the speed of your internet connection. The Matrixify app provides a progress indicator, and you will receive an email notification once the import is complete.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons