Translate Shopify Email Notifications
Translate Shopify Email Notifications
Table of Contents:
- Automatic Translation with Weglot
- Manual Translation of Email Notifications
- 3.1 Order and Shipping Notifications
- 3.2 Customer Notifications
- Translating Order Confirmation Emails
- Translating Email Subject Lines
- Enabling Translations for Customer Notifications
- Adding the Customer Tag to Weglot Code
- Building Customer Notifications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 Can Weglot translate all email notifications automatically?
- 9.2 Can I translate gift card creation notifications?
- 9.3 How do I adjust the language code in the liquid code?
- 9.4 Can I make changes to the content of the emails?
- 9.5 What should I avoid translating in the code?
- 9.6 How do I paste the translated email back into Shopify?
- 9.7 Is there a way to translate the email subject lines?
- 9.8 What is the customer tag and how do I use it?
- 9.9 How do I add the customer tag to Weglot code?
- 9.10 Can I use the same method for customer notifications?
Translating email notifications in Shopify can help you provide a seamless experience for your international customers. Although Weglot automatically translates your website content, it doesn't include email notifications. In this article, we will guide you through the process of manually translating your email notifications using Weglot.
Automatic Translation with Weglot
Weglot is a powerful tool that automatically translates the content displayed on your Shopify store. However, since email notifications are not part of your website, they require manual translation. Don't worry, we'll show you how to manage this content step by step.
Manual Translation of Email Notifications
To begin the manual translation process, we'll first look at translating order and shipping notifications, followed by customer notifications. Let's get started!
Translating Order and Shipping Notifications
- Open a text editor of your choice and paste the liquid code provided in our help document.
- Adjust the language code in the code according to the languages on your website.
- Go to your Shopify admin area, navigate to Settings > Notifications.
- Choose an email you'd like to edit, such as the order confirmation.
- Copy the email content and replace the text that says "email in the original language here" with the corresponding content from the Shopify dashboard.
- Manually translate the sentences into your target language while making sure not to translate any code.
- Copy and paste the translated email back into your Shopify order confirmation section and save.
Translating Email Subject Lines
- Copy the email subject line and replace it in the repeated piece of code that you copied.
- Translate the subject line without making any changes to the code.
- Paste the translated subject line back into your email subject line section and save.
Enabling Translations for Customer Notifications
To enable translations for customer notifications, follow these steps:
- Add a small tag in your Weglot code called the customer tag.
- Go to your Shopify dashboard, navigate to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code.
- Find the Weglot switcher.liquid file and add a comma before the closing bracket.
- Paste the customer tag here and save the changes.
Building Customer Notifications
Now that you've added the customer tag, you can build the customer notifications following the same process as before. Copy the code, make the necessary adjustments, and paste it back into the respective sections.
Congratulations! You have successfully translated your Shopify email notifications using Weglot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can Weglot translate all email notifications automatically? A: No, Weglot does not automatically translate email notifications. Manual translation is required.
Q: Can I translate gift card creation notifications? A: The method mentioned in this article applies to order and shipping notifications. Gift card creation notifications may have a different process.
Q: How do I adjust the language code in the liquid code? A: You can find the liquid code in our help document. Adjust the language code to match the languages on your website.
Q: Can I make changes to the content of the emails? A: Yes, you can manually translate the sentences into your target language, but avoid translating any code.
Q: What should I avoid translating in the code? A: Avoid translating anything within percentage brackets or brackets that are part of the code.
Q: How do I paste the translated email back into Shopify? A: Copy the translated email, go to your Shopify admin area, open the respective email section, and replace the original content with the translated version.
Q: Is there a way to translate the email subject lines? A: Yes, you can translate the email subject lines using a similar process as translating the email content.
Q: What is the customer tag and how do I use it? A: The customer tag is a small code snippet that enables translations for customer notifications. You need to add this tag to your Weglot code.
Q: How do I add the customer tag to Weglot code? A: Go to your Shopify dashboard, navigate to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code. Find the Weglot switcher.liquid file and add a comma before the closing bracket. Paste the customer tag and save.
Q: Can I use the same method for customer notifications? A: Yes, you can follow the same method mentioned in this article for translating customer notifications, but make sure to copy the correct code for customer notifications instead of order notifications.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons