Revitalize Your Shopify Store: Change Name and URL
Revitalize Your Shopify Store: Change Name and URL
Table of Contents:
- Reasons for Rebranding a Shopify Store
- Changing the Store Name 3.1 Researching Effective Names 3.2 Updating the Store Name in Shopify Dashboard
- Changing the Store URL 4.1 Understanding the Admin URL 4.2 Buying a New Domain Name 4.3 Transferring an Existing Domain Name 4.4 Verifying the Email Address 4.5 Setting the New Domain as Primary
How to Rebrand Your Shopify Store: Changing Name and URL
Welcome back to another video tutorial on rebranding your Shopify store. In this article, I will guide you step by step on how to change your store's name and URL. Whether you are looking to start fresh or explore new opportunities, rebranding can breathe new life into your online business.
Reasons for Rebranding a Shopify Store
There are several reasons why you might consider rebranding your Shopify store. Perhaps you are not satisfied with the results you are getting, or you believe there are better opportunities elsewhere. Rebranding allows you to redefine your business and attract a new target audience. By changing your store's name and URL, you can create a fresh identity and position yourself for success.
Changing the Store Name
Before diving into the process of changing your store's name, it is essential to conduct research and choose an effective name that represents your brand. Consider the nature of your products and the image you want to portray. Once you have decided on a name, follow these steps to update it in your Shopify dashboard.
- Log into your Shopify dashboard.
- Click on the "Settings" option in the bottom left of the menu.
- Select "General" from the settings menu.
- Locate the "Store Name" field and enter your new desired name.
- Click "Save" to apply the changes.
After refreshing the page, you will see your new store name displayed in the top left corner. However, changing the store name alone does not update the URL. To ensure a consistent rebranding, you need to address the URL as well.
Changing the Store URL
Your Shopify store comes with an admin URL, which serves as the primary domain. Unfortunately, this URL cannot be changed based on how domain names operate. If you want your URL to reflect your new store name accurately, you have a few options: buying a new domain name, transferring an existing domain name, or connecting an existing domain name.
Understanding the Admin URL
The admin URL, also known as the primary domain, is the one associated with your Shopify store. It cannot be changed directly, but you can set up a new domain name or transfer an existing one.
Buying a New Domain Name
To buy a new domain name, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Online Store" section in the left-hand menu of your Shopify dashboard.
- Click on "Domains" from the dropdown menu.
- You will find your current domain name listed.
- Select "Buy New Domain" to proceed.
- Choose a domain name that aligns with your rebranding efforts.
- Complete the purchase by following the prompts.
Once the purchase is complete, you will need to verify your email address before setting it as the primary domain.
Transferring an Existing Domain Name
If you already have a domain name that you wish to use for your rebranded store, you can transfer it to Shopify. Follow these steps:
- In the "Domains" section of your Shopify dashboard, select "Connect Existing Domain."
- Enter the domain name you want to transfer.
- Follow the instructions for transferring the domain to Shopify.
Ensure that you have all the necessary information and credentials from your domain provider to complete the transfer successfully.
Verifying the Email Address
After completing the purchase of a new domain or transferring an existing one, you will receive an email to verify your email address. Verify your email by following the instructions provided in the email.
Setting the New Domain as Primary
Once your email address is confirmed, you can set your new domain as the primary domain for your rebranded store. Follow these steps:
- Go back to the "Domains" section in your Shopify dashboard.
- Confirm that your new domain is listed and connected.
- If you want the new domain to be the primary one, select "Change Primary Domain" and follow the prompts.
- Save the changes once you have set the primary domain.
Now, when customers visit your store, they will be directed to the new domain, ensuring a seamless rebranding experience. The new domain will also gain the SEO benefits of link equity as the primary domain.
Rebranding your Shopify store by changing the name and URL can be a powerful strategy to revitalize your business. By carefully selecting a new name and aligning it with a domain that accurately represents your store, you can attract a new audience and open doors to fresh opportunities. Embrace the process of rebranding, and watch your online business thrive in its new identity.
- Rebranding a Shopify store can breathe new life into your business and attract a new target audience.
- Changing the store name requires research and consideration of an effective and representative name.
- The store name can be changed in the Shopify dashboard under the "General" settings.
- Changing the store URL involves buying a new domain name, transferring an existing one, or connecting an existing domain name.
- The primary domain cannot be directly changed but can be set as a new domain or transferred from an existing one.
- Verification of the email address is necessary after purchasing or transferring a domain.
- Setting the new domain as the primary domain ensures that customers are directed to the rebranded store.
Q: Can I change my Shopify store's name without changing the URL? A: Yes, you can change the store name without changing the URL. However, changing just the name may not reflect a consistent rebranding effort.
Q: Are there any SEO considerations when rebranding a Shopify store? A: Yes, rebranding a store can have SEO implications. It is important to ensure that proper redirects and domain changes are implemented to maintain SEO rankings.
Q: Can I connect multiple domain names to my Shopify store? A: Yes, you can connect multiple domain names to your Shopify store. However, only one domain can be set as the primary domain.
Q: How long does it take to transfer a domain to Shopify? A: The time it takes to transfer a domain to Shopify depends on various factors, including the domain registrar and the completion of necessary verification steps.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons