Maximize Shopify Profits: Easy and Efficient Tracking Methods
Maximize Shopify Profits: Easy and Efficient Tracking Methods
Table of Contents:
- Easy Way to Calculate Shopify Store's Profit 2.1. Using Profit Calc App 2.2. Benefits and Features of Profit Calc App
- Hard Way to Calculate Shopify Store's Profit 3.1. Using a Spreadsheet 3.2. Free Template for Profit and Loss Calculation
- Day-to-Day Expenses and Revenue 4.1. Shopify Sales 4.2. Cost of Goods Sold 4.3. Refunds 4.4. Ad Spend 4.5. Transaction Fees 4.6. Monthly Expenses
- Recording and Tracking Profit Using Spreadsheet
- Overall Calculation and Monthly Net Profit
Running a successful Shopify store involves not only tracking your sales but also knowing the actual profit your store is making. It's important to understand the difference between sales and profit to ensure the sustainability and growth of your business. In this article, we will explore two methods to calculate the profit of your Shopify store: the easy way using a profit calculation app and the hard way using a spreadsheet. We will provide step-by-step instructions and a free template for your convenience.
Easy Way to Calculate Shopify Store's Profit:
Using Profit Calc App: Calculating the profit of your Shopify store can be effortless with the help of the Profit Calc app. This app allows you to understand your profit and make informed decisions to scale your business. It offers a simple one-click calculation with detailed profit analysis, eliminating the need for complicated spreadsheets.
Benefits and Features of Profit Calc App:
- User-friendly dashboard: The app provides a clean and intuitive dashboard, displaying all the important metrics you need to track your store's profitability.
- Integration with ad platforms: Profit Calc seamlessly integrates with popular ad platforms like AliExpress and CJ dropshipping, allowing you to easily track the cost of goods sold.
- Mobile optimization: The app is optimized for mobile devices, enabling you to view your profits on the go and make real-time decisions.
- 15-day free trial: Start using Profit Calc with a 15-day free trial to test its capabilities and see the benefits for your Shopify store.
Hard Way to Calculate Shopify Store's Profit:
Using a Spreadsheet: If you prefer a more hands-on approach, you can calculate your Shopify store's profit using a spreadsheet. Although it may require more time and effort, it can be an effective method to track your expenses and revenue accurately.
Free Template for Profit and Loss Calculation: We provide a free spreadsheet template that simplifies the process of calculating profit. The template includes sections to enter your daily expenses and revenue, such as Shopify sales, cost of goods sold, refunds, ad spend, transaction fees, and monthly expenses. By updating the spreadsheet regularly, you can keep track of your store's profitability on a day-to-day basis.
Day-to-Day Expenses and Revenue:
Shopify Sales: Calculating your daily sales is straightforward. Access your Shopify analytics and find the total sales for each day. Enter this amount in the corresponding cell of the profit and loss template.
Cost of Goods Sold: For each line item in your store, determine the cost of goods sold. This information can be obtained from your supplier, such as AliExpress. Sum up the costs for all your orders and add them to the total cost of goods sold in the spreadsheet.
Refunds: If you receive any returns or refunds, subtract the corresponding cost of goods sold from your total cost of goods sold. Adjusting this value ensures accurate profit calculations.
Ad Spend: Track your advertising expenses for each ad platform you use. Log in to your account for each platform and retrieve the total ad spend. Enter this amount in the appropriate cell of the profit and loss template.
Transaction Fees: Take into account transaction fees charged by payment gateways, such as Shopify, PayPal, or Stripe. These fees can vary depending on the platform used. Include a separate row in the spreadsheet for each gateway and enter the transaction fees accordingly.
Monthly Expenses: Prorate your monthly expenses on a daily basis for accurate calculation. Divide your fixed monthly expenses, such as Shopify fees, by the number of days in the month. Add this daily expense to the spreadsheet. Consider other monthly expenses like Shopify apps or virtual assistant costs, and include them in the corresponding sections.
Recording and Tracking Profit Using Spreadsheet:
By entering your daily expenses and revenue into the spreadsheet template, you can track your store's profit on a monthly basis. The template provides a comprehensive overview of your monthly net profit, allowing you to identify trends and make informed business decisions. Use separate spreadsheets for different years to maintain clear records of your store's performance.
Overall Calculation and Monthly Net Profit:
Summarize the totals from the day-to-day calculations onto the overall calculation page of the spreadsheet. This page will give you an overview of the monthly net profit for your Shopify store. It is crucial to regularly update the spreadsheet with accurate data to ensure the accuracy of your profit calculations.
Knowing how much profit your Shopify store is making is vital for its sustainability and growth. While calculating profit can be time-consuming, it is essential to understand the actual income your store generates. Whether you choose the easy way with the Profit Calc app or the hard way with a spreadsheet, accurately tracking your expenses and revenue will help you make better business decisions. Start calculating your Shopify store's profit today to ensure you are on the path to success.
- Calculate the profit of your Shopify store easily using profit calculation apps or spreadsheets.
- Profit Calc app provides a user-friendly dashboard and integrates with popular ad platforms.
- Use a spreadsheet template to track day-to-day expenses and revenue accurately.
- Monitor Shopify sales, cost of goods sold, refunds, ad spend, transaction fees, and monthly expenses.
- Record and track profit on a monthly basis to evaluate your store's performance.
- Regularly update your calculations to ensure accurate profit tracking and make informed decisions for your store's growth.
Q: Can I try Profit Calc for free? A: Yes, Profit Calc offers a 15-day free trial, allowing you to test its features and see how it can help you track your Shopify store's profit.
Q: Do I need a payment gateway like Shopify to use Profit Calc? A: Yes, Profit Calc works seamlessly with Shopify and other payment gateways. It retrieves data from these platforms to calculate your store's profit accurately.
Q: Is the spreadsheet template customizable? A: Yes, you can customize the spreadsheet template to fit your specific needs. Add or remove sections as required to track your expenses and revenue effectively.
Q: Can I use the spreadsheet template for multiple years? A: Yes, it is recommended to use separate spreadsheets for different years to maintain clear records of your Shopify store's profit over time.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons