Improve Your Shopify Store with Priority Product Categories
Improve Your Shopify Store with Priority Product Categories
Table of Contents
- Setting Up Your Shopify Store
- Creating Product Categories
- Assigning Categories to Products
- Adding a Product Catalog Page
- Accessing the Navigation Menu
- Adding Catalog Items
- Creating Sub-Pages
- Customizing Your Catalog
- Enabling the Catalog in the Theme Customizer
- Adding Sections to the Catalog Page
- Customizing the Featured Collection
- Testing and Finalizing
Welcome to this tutorial on how to add priority categories to your Shopify store. In this article, we will guide you step-by-step through the process of organizing your products into categories and creating a product catalog page. By following these instructions, you will be able to showcase your products more effectively and improve the browsing experience for your customers. So let's get started!
2. Setting Up Your Shopify Store
Before you can add priority categories to your Shopify store, you need to ensure that your store is set up and your products are properly categorized. Follow these steps to get started:
2.1 Creating Product Categories
To create product categories, go to your Shopify admin panel and navigate to the "Products" section. Make sure each of your products has an appropriate category assigned to it. For example, if you sell snowboards, headphones, and gift cards, assign them to the respective categories.
2.2 Assigning Categories to Products
To assign categories to your products, select the desired products and click on the three dots (...) to access the bulk editing options. From there, you can include products in specific catalogs or sales channels. In this case, we want to focus on adding products to our online store.
3. Adding a Product Catalog Page
A product catalog page is a great way to showcase your products and make it easier for customers to browse through them. Follow these steps to add a catalog page to your Shopify store:
3.1 Accessing the Navigation Menu
Go to the "Pages" section in your Shopify admin panel and navigate to the "Main Menu" section. Here, you can add a new menu item for your catalog.
3.2 Adding Catalog Items
To add catalog items to your menu, select the "Catalog" menu item and click on the "Linked" field. Choose the page you want to link (or create a new page if you haven't done so already).
3.3 Creating Sub-Pages
If you want to create sub-pages within your catalog, such as for specific product categories, you can do so by dragging and dropping the pages under the main catalog page. This will organize your catalog hierarchy.
4. Customizing Your Catalog
Once you have added your catalog page, you can customize it to fit your branding and design preferences. Here's how:
4.1 Enabling the Catalog in the Theme Customizer
Go to the "Customize" section in your Shopify admin panel and select your theme. Enable the catalog option in the theme customizer to make it visible on your online store.
4.2 Adding Sections to the Catalog Page
To further customize your catalog page, you can add sections to showcase featured collections or highlight specific products. Use the template editor to add sections like a "Featured Collection" section to display your top-selling items.
4.3 Customizing the Featured Collection
Within the template editor, you can choose the collection you want to feature and customize the layout and design of the featured products. This will help draw attention to your best-selling items and entice customers to make a purchase.
5. Testing and Finalizing
Once you have customized your catalog page, it's essential to test it to ensure everything is working correctly. Go to your online store and navigate to the catalog page. Make sure all the categories and products are displayed correctly. Test the navigation and ensure a seamless browsing experience for your customers.
Congratulations! You have successfully added priority categories to your Shopify store and created a product catalog page. By organizing your products and providing a clear and intuitive browsing experience, you are making it easier for your customers to find and purchase the products they want. Remember to regularly update and maintain your catalog as your product offerings change. Enjoy the increased visibility of your products and the improved shopping experience for your customers!
- Organize your products into priority categories to improve the browsing experience for your customers
- Create a product catalog page to showcase your products effectively
- Customize your catalog to fit your branding and design preferences
- Test and finalize your catalog to ensure a seamless browsing experience
- Prioritize the promotion of your best-selling products through featured sections and collections
Q: Can I assign multiple categories to a single product? A: Shopify allows you to assign multiple categories to a single product, making it easier for your customers to find products from different categories.
Q: Can I customize the layout and design of the catalog page? A: Yes, you can customize the layout and design of the catalog page using the Shopify theme customizer and template editor.
Q: Can I add sub-categories within the catalog page? A: Yes, you can create sub-pages within the catalog page to further organize your products by specific categories or collections.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons