Add Subscriptions to Your Shopify Store - Step by Step
Add Subscriptions to Your Shopify Store - Step by Step
Table of Contents
- Setting Up Billing on Shopify
- Exploring Subscription Apps
- Choosing an Application
- Installing the App
- Creating a Subscription Plan
- Setting Subscription Frequency and Details
- Adding Selling Plans
- Managing Subscription Orders
- Displaying the Subscription Widget
How to Add Subscriptions on Your Shopify Store Step by Step
Hey guys, welcome back! If you're looking to add a subscription-based program or plan on your Shopify store, you can easily do it by following this tutorial. In this article, we will guide you through the process of setting up subscriptions on your Shopify store step by step. We will cover everything from setting up billing to choosing and installing the right app, creating subscription plans, managing orders, and displaying the subscription widget. So let's get started!
Shopify is a popular e-commerce platform that allows businesses to create online stores and sell products. While the native Shopify application does not have built-in features to create subscription-based plans, there are several third-party applications available that can enable you to add subscriptions to your store.
2. Setting Up Billing on Shopify
Before you can start adding subscriptions to your store, it is essential to set up billing and payment methods. Go to the settings section of your Shopify admin panel and navigate to the "Billing" tab. Make sure you have a payment method added, as many subscription applications require this for functionality.
3. Exploring Subscription Apps
To add subscriptions to your Shopify store, you need to find a suitable application from the Shopify App Store. There are several subscription apps available, such as Sales Subscription, Secure, Appstillery, and Pay Loop Shopify. Each app has its own features and pricing plans, so it's important to choose one that best fits your requirements.
4. Choosing an Application
When selecting a subscription app, consider factors like ease of integration with Shopify, available features, pricing, and user reviews. Two popular and reliable apps for adding subscriptions to Shopify are App Store Recur and Seal Subscription. Both offer free plans and premium plans with additional features.
5. Installing the App
After choosing an application, click on the "Install" button. You will be prompted to select your Shopify store and account. Grant the necessary permissions to the application for it to function properly. Once installed, you will find the app in the Shopify admin panel.
6. Creating a Subscription Plan
Open the installed app and start setting up your subscription plans. Begin by clicking on "Get Started" and enter the name of your subscription, such as "Watch Repair Course." Define what products or services are included in the subscription. Decide if it is a subscription-only or a subscription and one-time purchase.
7. Setting Subscription Frequency and Details
Specify the frequency of the subscription, such as weekly or monthly. Add a description for the subscription, including any additional details or benefits. Determine if customers can subscribe and save or if they need to prepay for the entire subscription. Set the order interval and the number of fulfillments.
8. Adding Selling Plans
Offer different subscription options to cater to various customer needs. Create additional selling plans with different features or pricing levels. For example, you can provide a professional plan with more advanced content or additional classes.
9. Managing Subscription Orders
Once the subscription plans are set up, you can manage orders and track customer subscriptions from the app's dashboard. Monitor contract details, customer information, and payment history. Keep track of the number of subscribers and adjust subscription settings as needed.
10. Displaying the Subscription Widget
To make it easy for customers to subscribe, you can display a subscription widget on your Shopify store. Configure the widget's appearance and choose where to place it, such as on the product page or homepage. Ensure the widget is easily accessible for potential subscribers.
Adding subscriptions to your Shopify store can be a great way to offer recurring revenue and provide value to your customers. By following this step-by-step tutorial, you can successfully set up and manage subscription plans on your Shopify store. Take advantage of the available subscription apps and start offering subscription-based products or services to grow your business. Happy selling!
- Learn how to add subscriptions to your Shopify store
- Set up billing and payment methods on Shopify
- Explore subscription apps available on the Shopify App Store
- Choose the right application for your subscription needs
- Install the chosen app and integrate it with your Shopify store
- Create subscription plans with different features and pricing options
- Set the frequency, description, and payment details for your subscriptions
- Manage subscription orders and track customer information
- Display a subscription widget on your Shopify store for easy sign-up
Q: Can I add a subscription-based plan directly through Shopify? A: No, the native Shopify application does not have built-in features for subscription-based plans. You will need to use a third-party application.
Q: Are there free subscription apps available for Shopify? A: Yes, there are free subscription apps like App Store Recur and Coloring and Subscriptions that offer basic features for adding subscriptions to your store.
Q: Can I offer different subscription options with varied pricing and features? A: Yes, most subscription apps allow you to create multiple selling plans with different pricing and features to cater to different customer needs.
Q: Can I display the subscription widget on specific pages of my Shopify store? A: Yes, you can choose where to display the subscription widget, such as on the product page or homepage, depending on your preference and the layout of your store.
I am a shopify merchant, I am opening several shopify stores. I use ppspy to find Shopify stores and track competitor stores. PPSPY really helped me a lot, I also subscribe to PPSPY's service, I hope more people can like PPSPY！ — Ecomvy
To make it happen in 3 seconds.
- App rating
- Shopify Store
- Trusted Customers
- No complicated
- No difficulty
- Free trial
- The Hidden Reality of One-Product Stores
- Mastering Taxes for Young Entrepreneurs
- Mastering Taxes for Online Business Owners
- Why Dropshipping Stores Outperform Aliexpress for Online Shopping
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping: How It Works and What You Need to Know
- Mastering Profit Calculations for Your Amazon Business
- Discover the Best Dropshipping Companies: A Comprehensive Guide
- Boost Your Trading Success with Mechanical Rules
- The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping with Big Cartel
- Master Drop Shipping with Bigcommons