Start Your Amazon Dropshipping Journey with CJ Dropshipping
Start Your Amazon Dropshipping Journey with CJ Dropshipping
Table of Contents
- Background on dropshipping
- Changes in the dropshipping Industry
- CJ Dropshipping: An Introduction
- CJ Dropshipping and Shopee
- CJ Dropshipping and Amazon
- Starting Amazon Dropshipping with CJ Dropshipping
- Selling as an Individual on Amazon
- Selling as a Professional on Amazon
- The Importance of UPC Codes on Amazon
- Registering as an Amazon Seller
- Choosing Between Individual and Privately Owned Business
- Setting up Your Amazon Seller Account
- Uploading Documents and Verifying Your Account
CJ Dropshipping and Amazon: A Guide to Starting Your Dropshipping Business
Dropshipping has become an increasingly popular method of e-commerce, allowing entrepreneurs to start their online businesses with minimal investment. With the rise of platforms like Lazada and Shopee, dropshippers have had access to a wide range of products and suppliers. However, as the industry evolves, it's essential to adapt and find new avenues for success. One such avenue is CJ Dropshipping, a platform that provides dropshipping services for various global marketplaces, including Amazon.
The dropshipping landscape has transformed significantly over the years. Methods and companies that were once successful may no longer be effective. As a seasoned dropshipper, I have witnessed these changes firsthand. In 2016, I began my dropshipping journey on Lazada and Shopee. While some methods worked initially, others lost their effectiveness over time. It has been a great learning experience, and I've explored different platforms along the way.
A few months ago, I was introduced to CJ Dropshipping, and I made a video about using it for Shopee dropshipping. However, due to logistic duration restrictions imposed by Shopee Malaysia, CJ Dropshipping no longer supports Shopee Malaysia. This prompted me to explore alternative options, and that's when I decided to give Amazon dropshipping a try using CJ Dropshipping as my new project for 2020. Although I'm unsure of the outcome, I believe it's worth venturing into new territories while sharing my journey with others.
If you're interested in starting dropshipping on Amazon but don't know how or feel apprehensive about it, don't worry – I'll take the first step, and you can learn from my experiences. I have previously sold ebooks and audiobooks on Amazon, but not physical products and certainly not through dropshipping. Since CJ Dropshipping supports Amazon dropshipping, I see no harm in giving it a try. In fact, I'll be documenting my progress through a series of videos on how to dropship to Amazon using CJ Dropshipping. If you're keen on Amazon dropshipping, feel free to follow my journey, and if you're an Amazon dropshipping pro, I welcome your advice and suggestions.
Now, let's dive into the registration process for selling on Amazon. It's important to note that CJ Dropshipping currently only supports Amazon US for dropshipping. Therefore, when registering, make sure to choose Amazon US and not any other country. Let me walk you through the steps.
- Select "Selling on Amazon" from the homepage and familiarize yourself with the information provided. This will give you a better understanding of what you're about to undertake.
- Determine whether you want to sell as an individual or as a professional. Selling as an individual is a smart choice if you're a first-time seller or plan to ship fewer than 40 items per month. Amazon charges 90 cents for every item sold under this category. On the other hand, selling as a professional costs $40 per month and is more cost-effective if you're planning to sell more than 40 items.
- Obtain a UPC code to list your products on Amazon. If you're unfamiliar with UPC codes and how they work, you can read an informative article on the subject. (Link provided in the comments below the video.)
- Create your Amazon seller account by clicking on "Individual" under "Create your Amazon account." Enter your name, email, and set a password.
- Go back to your email account and retrieve the OTP (one-time password) number sent by Amazon. Copy and paste the OTP number into the required field to complete your account creation.
- Select your country of residence (e.g., Malaysia) and specify whether you'll be selling as an individual or a privately owned business.
- Uploading your passport is the next step. Simply take a photo using your phone and upload it.
- Enter your bank account details. Amazon may require your company's bank account for payment purposes. Note that this step may not be applicable to all sellers, depending on your specific circumstances.
- Give your Amazon store a name. Keep in mind that CJ Dropshipping does not provide UPC codes, so you'll need to obtain them elsewhere. I will address this in a later stage of the registration process.
- Specify that you are not the manufacturer or brand owner unless you meet the criteria.
- Verify your identity and business by entering the necessary details, including your registered business address, phone number, and legal representative information.
- Provide your credit card information. Amazon will charge you a dollar to ensure that you're a legitimate seller.
- Once your account is set up and verified, you can proceed to list your products and start your Amazon dropshipping journey.
Please note that the registration process and requirements may vary based on your location and business structure. It's crucial to do thorough research and seek advice from professionals if you have any doubts or questions along the way.
In conclusion, starting your dropshipping business on Amazon with CJ Dropshipping opens up a world of opportunities. While challenges may arise, sharing this journey with others allows us to learn and grow together. Whether you choose to sell as an individual or a professional, Amazon provides a vast marketplace for entrepreneurs to thrive. So, take that leap of faith, follow my video series, and let's explore the world of Amazon dropshipping together.
- CJ Dropshipping offers a viable solution for Amazon dropshipping.
- Selling as an individual or a professional on Amazon: Which option is right for you?
- The significance of UPC codes in listing products on Amazon.
- Step-by-step guide to registering and setting up your Amazon seller account.
- The importance of thorough research and seeking professional advice.
Q: What is dropshipping? A: Dropshipping is an e-commerce business model where the seller doesn't keep inventory. Instead, the seller fulfills orders by purchasing products from a third-party supplier who ships them directly to the customer.
Q: Can I dropship on platforms other than Amazon using CJ Dropshipping? A: Yes, CJ Dropshipping supports various major platforms, including eBay, Lazada, and Shopify, in addition to Amazon.
Q: What is the difference between selling as an individual and as a professional on Amazon? A: Selling as an individual is suitable for beginners or sellers shipping fewer than 40 items per month. Selling as a professional is more cost-effective if you plan to sell more than 40 items, as it incurs a fixed monthly fee.
Q: Where can I obtain UPC codes for listing products on Amazon? A: CJ Dropshipping does not provide UPC codes. You can obtain them from various sources, such as GS1, third-party UPC generators, or by purchasing them from resellers.
Q: Are there any additional considerations for international sellers on Amazon? A: International sellers need to familiarize themselves with tax obligations, logistics, and target markets specific to the countries they plan to sell in. Thorough research and consultation with professionals are recommended.
- Boost Your Shopify Store with These Must-Have Apps
- Enhance Your Shopify Store with Custom Fields
- The Wonder Brush: A Million-Dollar Product Launch
- Boost Your Shopify SEO with Just SEO App
- Boost Sales and Improve Customer Experience with Multiple Currencies on Shopify
- Boost Your eCommerce with HubSpot's Shopify Integration
- Boost Your Shopify Store's SEO with This 12-Step Guide
- Enhance Your Shopify Store with a Stunning Video Background Banner
- Building a Successful Multi-Vendor Marketplace
- Boost Your E-Commerce Sales with Google Shopping & Shopify