Unboxing the LEGO Star Wars Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition!
Unboxing the LEGO Star Wars Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition!
Table of Contents:
- Overview of the Lego Star Wars 20th Anniversary Set
- Price Comparison: Then and Now
- The Imperial dropship: Set Design and Box Art
- Unboxing and Instruction Manual
- Exclusive Han Solo Minifigure: A Throwback
- The Shadow Trooper: Sleek and Muted
- The Regular Stormtroopers: Clean and Controversial
- Comparison of the Original and New Imperial Dropship Models
- Features and Functionality of the New Imperial Dropship
Article: Lego Star Wars 20th Anniversary Set - A Review of the Imperial Dropship
The Lego Star Wars 20th Anniversary Set has been creating quite a buzz among fans of both Lego and Star Wars. With the release of five commemorative sets in April 2019, Lego enthusiasts have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to get their hands on these special edition sets. In this review, we will take an in-depth look at one of these sets - the Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition.
The Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition is a battle pack remake that is part of the Lego Star Wars 20th Anniversary Set collection. Priced at $20, this set pays homage to the original Imperial Dropship set that was released in 2008. In this review, we will explore the features and details of this iconic set, including the minifigures and the design of the Imperial Dropship itself.
2. Overview of the Lego Star Wars 20th Anniversary Set
The Lego Star Wars 20th Anniversary Set collection includes five different sets, each highlighting a significant moment from the Star Wars saga. These sets provide Lego fans with the opportunity to celebrate the rich history of the Lego Star Wars theme while also adding new and exciting elements to their collections. The sets range in size and complexity, catering to both seasoned collectors and newcomers to the Lego Star Wars universe.
3. Price Comparison: Then and Now
One aspect that many fans have noticed is the increase in price compared to the original sets. The Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition, for example, costs $20, which is twice the price of the original set from 2008. While some may argue that the newer set offers more value due to updated minifigures and design, others are disappointed by the increased cost. This price difference raises the question of whether the newer sets are worth the higher price tag.
4. The Imperial Dropship: Set Design and Box Art
The Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition comes in a meticulously designed box, featuring stunning artwork that showcases the iconic Star Wars imagery. The box art sets the stage for what Lego enthusiasts can expect when they open the set. With a black backdrop, the box art highlights the Imperial Dropship in all its glory, accompanied by the stormtroopers and other collectible minifigures that come with the set.
5. Unboxing and Instruction Manual
Upon opening the box, Lego fans are presented with an instruction manual and the pieces required to build the Imperial Dropship. The instruction manual, although small, provides clear and concise step-by-step instructions for assembling the set. Additionally, it includes interesting tidbits about the original 2008 set, adding a touch of nostalgia for long-time Lego Star Wars fans.
6. Exclusive Han Solo Minifigure: A Throwback
One of the standout features of the Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition is the exclusive Han Solo minifigure. This collectible minifigure dons a custom printed piece that commemorates the 20 years of Lego Star Wars history. With his 2000 attire, this Han Solo minifigure offers a throwback to the early days of the Lego Star Wars partnership. However, despite its exclusivity, this minifigure may not hold significant value due to its inclusion in a relatively inexpensive set.
7. The Shadow Trooper: Sleek and Muted
One of the new minifigures included in the Imperial Dropship set is the Shadow Trooper. This sleek-looking minifigure features a dark grey helmet that contrasts with its black armor. With a minimalist design, the Shadow Trooper blends seamlessly with the rest of the stormtrooper lineup. While it may not stand out as much as some other minifigures, its subtlety adds an air of intrigue to this battle pack.
8. The Regular Stormtroopers: Clean and Controversial
The Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition includes three regular stormtroopers as part of its minifigure lineup. These stormtroopers come equipped with stud shooters, just like the Shadow Trooper. However, the new stormtrooper helmet design has sparked controversy among fans. Some praise the dual-molded helmet for its improved look, while others criticize its limited range of motion. The design debate adds an interesting layer of conversation to this battle pack.
9. Comparison of the Original and New Imperial Dropship Models
Lego aficionados will appreciate the opportunity to compare the old and new versions of the Imperial Dropship. With a side-by-side comparison, one can observe the changes in color scheme, design, and parts used. This comparison allows fans to appreciate the advancements in Lego building techniques and the attention to detail that has gone into updating this iconic set.
10. Features and Functionality of the New Imperial Dropship
The new Imperial Dropship model retains many of the features and functionality of its predecessor. From the ability to add stud shooters to the inclusion of a cockpit with a control panel, this set offers ample opportunities for imaginative play. With wings that can be moved and a troop carrying mechanism, the new Imperial Dropship provides an engaging experience for Lego enthusiasts.
In conclusion, the Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition offers both avid Lego builders and Star Wars fans a delightful set to add to their collections. With its attention to detail, inclusion of iconic minifigures, and homage to the original set, this battle pack is a worthy addition to the Lego Star Wars 20th Anniversary collection. While the higher price may deter some, the overall design and functionality of the set make it a valuable piece for both display and play.
- Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Lego Star Wars with the Imperial Dropship set
- Includes exclusive Han Solo minifigure in his 2000 attire
- Features an updated design of the Imperial Dropship with improved aesthetics and sturdiness
- Controversial new stormtrooper helmet design sparks debate among fans
- Offers an opportunity to compare the original and new models of the Imperial Dropship
- Provides ample features and functionality for imaginative play
- A must-have for Lego Star Wars collectors and fans alike
Q: Is the Imperial Dropship 20th Anniversary Edition worth the price? A: The price of $20 for this battle pack may seem steep to some, especially considering that it is twice the price of the original set from 2008. However, the inclusion of exclusive minifigures, updated design, and functionality make it a valuable addition to any Lego Star Wars collection.
Q: Can the new stormtrooper helmet be turned? A: One of the drawbacks of the new stormtrooper helmet design is its limited range of motion. It can only be turned to a minimal extent, which has received mixed reviews from fans.
- Create a Shopify-like WordPress Checkout Form
- Boost Your Shopify Store with an Effective Affiliate Program
- Streamline Your Dropshipping Business with CJ Drop Shipping
- Step-by-Step Guide to Starting an Affiliate Marketing Website in 2023
- Boost Sales and Promote Products in Your WooCommerce Store
- Unlocking Data Reliability with Monte Carlo: Learn from Yotpo's Success
- Clavio vs HubSpot: Which is the Best Email Marketing Software?
- Design Your Stunning Landing Page with Canva - Free Tutorial
- From Homelessness to Royalty: The Incredible Journey of a Poor Girl
- Create Stunning Shopify Product Pages | Step-by-Step Customization Tutorial